Thursday, March 22, 2012

fbreader workaround / fix defaulting text-align center bug

Problem: FBReader defaults to text-align center when viewing epub files created in calibre. It should be defaulting text-align to left as is would be expected.

We could recompile FBReader. Others have suggested a patch to do so: http://groups.google.com/group/fbreader/browse_thread/thread/6259666627148e63

I don't feel like source code diving and compiling my own FBReader at the moment.

I have a simpler workaround:
  1. extract epub file with unzip
  2. add the following 1 line to stylesheet.css:
    body { text-align: justify }
  3. pack epub file with zip

5 comments:

  1. Hey Dc,

    Thanks for sharing. It's works like charm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Works well.

    I really needs a global official fix.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Worked for me . thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. works like a diamond. thank you a million.

    ReplyDelete